Tuesday, June 01, 2010

MINCE NACHOS (one of my hubby fave foods)

This is including one of my husband's favorite meal. First I knew MINCE NACHOS from Vivian when we stayed at Vivian & Paul's house at first time we arrived in New Zealand. This recipe is very easy and simple to cook, especially for new learner cooking just like me, ha ha. Even the ingredients are also easy to get. But for some reason my husband prefers if I cook it with 'my Javanese style' which not too heavy spicy with the ingredients and a little more 'sweetness' of coriander.
Here, I would like to share it with you all :

THE INGREDIENTS :
  • 1 pkt MAGGI Nachos Recipe Mix (If not, may be changed with coriander, cumin, pepper, chili powder)
  • 500 gr lean minced beef
  • 1 Onion and garlic
  • 400 gr can tomatoes in juice (If not, just chop tomatoes by your self)
  • 400 gr can baked bean
  • 200 gr corn chips
  • 1/2 grated cheese
HOW TO COOK :
  1. Heat 2 table spoon oil in pan, add mince and cook for 3 minutes, keep stirring
  2. Add onion & garlic, cook for 2 minutes
  3. Add combined tomatoes in juice, baked bean and MAGGI Nachos Recipe Mix. Bring to the boil, keep stirring
  4. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
  5. To serve : place corn chips on serving plates, spoon mince mixture into centre. Then sprinkle with grated cheese, grill until cheese melts
Note : Usually I just make into 1/2 of recipe for we both, and just use 2 table spoons of the MAGGI Nachos Recipe Mix, as Mark doesn't like if too hot and heavy spicy like curry!. That is why I prefer to sprinkle with more corianders into. With this recipe we may serve as snack or big meal, depend on how big we serve.

The last but not the list by this Notes, I would also like to thank you to you, Viv, for teaching me how to cook Mince Nachos. And also have shared a little of your Mince Nachos at that time for us to try, he he.

OK, then... enjoy cooking friends! ;)


No comments: